Our friend Amanda Kodz killed it with this delicious recipe and we just HAD to try it. These delicious Pumpkin Walnut Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling are made with our Witch's Whey but feel free to use Vanilla or Nocturnal Casein as well! These Protein Muffins are filled with the perfect amount of macros to fuel you for a big day of training or to snack on with the kids. Feel free to add a new flavor in with some of our Lover's Whey protein for a chocolate-peanut butter dream.
Looking for more recipes similar to this one? Try: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies, Homemade Protein Twix Bars, Protein Peanut Butter Cups, Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread, Healthy Protein Tiramisu
1 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
3/4 c butter melted (unsalted)
4 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 c Earth Fed Muscle Witch's Whey
1 c Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend (oat fiber-based “flour”)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp meringue powder
1 c walnuts optional
- Combined all dry ingredients using a whisk to ensure mixed well. Set aside
- Cream together butter and monk fruit sweetener using a hand mixer. With mixer going add eggs and mix until incorporated. Add pumpkin to the mixture and continue to beat until smooth consistency.
- Add the wet to the dry with the hand mixer only until all ingredients are combined. This mixture will be thick and dense, that’s a perfect consistency. Fold in walnuts. Spoon into lined cupcake tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from the center of the muffins. Cool before adding cream cheese filling.
Cream cheese filling (optional)
1 1/2 c cream cheese
1/2 c unsalted butter softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/2-3/4 c monk fruit sweetener (depending on personal preference)
- Whip cream cheese, butter and vanilla on high together until it seems light and fluffy. Should be easy to stir with a rubber scraper.
- When adding the sweetener I suggest adding 1/4 c at a time. Whip it for approximately a minute after each addition.
- Taste the mixture between adding sweetener. You do not have to add all of the sweeteners.