While the old-school way of making Tiramisu is traditionally loaded with sugar and unhealthy fats, this Healthy Chocolate Tiramisu is low in sugar, calories and jam-packed with Earth Fed Muscle protein.
As you can tell from checking out some of our previous recipes, we are huge fans of recreating our favorite desserts so that they are full of all-natural ingredients and macro-friendly.
- 3 oz ladyfingers
- 3/4 cup espresso cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tbsp Whole Earth sweetener
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup non-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 scoops Earth Fed Muscle Dutch Chocolate Noctural casein *or Earth Fed Muscle Chocolate Whey Protein/Vanilla Whey Protein
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder for dusting
- Combine espresso, vanilla and 1 1/2 tbsp Whole Earth sweetener in a glass Pyrex dish with a spout and stir until mixed.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with half of the ladyfingers.
- Pour half of the espresso mixture over the ladyfingers and swirl around the sponge cakes until liquid is absorbed.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine mascarpone, ricotta, almond extract, remaining 2 tbsp of Whole Earth sweetener and 2 scoops of EFM protein powder.
- Blend with the whisk attachment until smooth and creamy.
- Add the whipped topping and mix until just blended.
- Spread half of the whipped filling mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat with second layer.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Macros/per serving: 281 calories