Need some last minute ideas for your 4th of July celebrations? When it comes to a healthy dessert, you can't go wrong with a classic vanilla cake. But this isn't just a vanilla cake. Jam-packed with healthy ingredients, fresh fruits, and our favorite vanilla icing recipe, you can be sure to satiate everyone's tastebuds with this delicious dish.
Think about, who doesn't love vanilla cake? This dessert has been a staple in households all across the world when baking and preparing some delicious treats. However, more often than not, homemade cakes contain a lot of artificial ingredients while being loaded with sugar.
Luckily for you, this 4th of July Paleo Protein Cake contains minimal ingredients.
This cake contains coconut flour, Earth Fed Muscle Vanilla Whey, natural honey, eggs, unsweetened applesauce, our favorite protein vanilla icing, strawberries and blueberries. However, feel free to use Earth Fed Muscle Lover's Whey, Chocolate Whey or another one of our protein flavors to add additional flavor! Wondering what else you can add to it for some extra nutritional benefits? Try adding a scoop of gelatin in along with the baking process.
Have a slice of this 4th of July Paleo Protein Cake for dessert with some Max Effort Coffee with a scoop of collagen to keep your skin, joints and gut healthy.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop Earth Fed Muscle Vanilla Whey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash fine sea salt
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/8 cup natural honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Earth Fed Muscle Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare an 8x8' round baking dish with parchment paper (or cover the baking dish in coconut oil).
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, protein, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, eggs, applesauce, honey and vanilla all together. Mix well.
- Pour in the baking dish and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the icing. Follow the instructions found here. If you want to keep it simple, simply use 1 cup of greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of Monk Fruit Sweetener and 1 scoop of Vanilla Whey to make a quick icing.
- Once the icing is prepared, put it to the side.
- Next, prepare your fruit. Wash the blueberries and strawberries in a bowl. Then cut up the strawberries however you wish to serve them on the cake.
- Once the cake is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Let it cool completely before you cover it with the icing and fruits.
(icing macros not included)
160 calories/per slice
Similar recipes you might like: Homemade Twix Bars, No Bake Cookie Dough Protein Bars, S'mores Protein Bars, Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars