Not only are these Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars jam-packed with nutrients, but they're quite the satiating treat that is perfect for anyone, whether it be an athlete headed to the gym or an after school snack for the kids! The ingredients in these Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars include our infamous Lover's Whey protein, coconut oil, peanut butter, coconut flour, oat flour, fresh strawberries and maple syrup.
Need a little extra protein? Add in a scoop of Chocolate Whey, Vanilla Whey or even Banana Whey to put a twist on this classic snack! We even recommend mixing in some Gelatin Pro when you're making the jelly for additional benefits for your joints and gut health.
So what are the ingredients in these Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars?
- 3/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 scoop Lover's Whey protein
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- For the jelly:
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Gelatin Pro (optional)
- Place chopped up strawberries and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir occasionally so the syrup doesn't burn. Lower to a simmer and let it cook for 20 more minutes. Take the jelly off the heat and allow it to cool in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the bars.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare an 8x8 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Add in the coconut flour, oat flour, baking soda and Lover's Whey. Mix until a crumb-like dough forms.
- Press 3/4 of the dough into the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Spread 1 cup of the jelly mixture over the first layer of baked crust. Crumble the remaining 1/4 of dough on top of the jelly layer.
- Place back in the oven to bake for an additional 25 minutes or until the center is bubbling and turning light brown.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.