Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are a favorite for people of all ages. But what if you're looking for something more than just the classic PB&J sammy? That's exactly why we're sharing this awesome recipe for peanut butter and jelly bars! These bars are easy to make, delicious, and perfect when you want a sweet treat that leaves you satisfied (without being too much!)
- 3/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 scoop Friends with Benefits Chocolate PB protein
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- For the jelly:
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp The Chain Gelatin (optional)
- Place chopped up strawberries and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir occasionally so the syrup doesn't burn. Lower to a simmer and let it cook for 20 more minutes. Take the jelly off the heat and allow it to cool in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the bars.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare an 8x8 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Add in the coconut flour, oat flour, baking soda and Friends with Benefits. Mix until a crumb-like dough forms.
- Press 3/4 of the dough into the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Spread 1 cup of the jelly mixture over the first layer of baked crust. Crumble the remaining 1/4 of dough on top of the jelly layer.
- Place back in the oven to bake for an additional 25 minutes or until the center is bubbling and turning light brown.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.