If you google breakfast recipes, chances are you'll find hundreds of different healthy oatmeal recipes. But like any recipe, the taste, texture and ingredients are what make this Vanilla Glazed Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal stand out from the rest.
The traditional oats you had when you were a kid were most likely full of different additives and ingredients that left you in a food coma for the rest of the day. Luckily for you, we've created this Vanilla Glazed Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe to get those extra carbs you need for your next big training session without feeling guilty or uncomfortable.
If you're feeling like you want to a nice bowl of something tasty without going over your macro count, this oatmeal is for you. In this particular recipe, we used a combination of oats and a scoop of our Primitive Protein Vanilla Whey!
If you don't have our Primitive Pancake mix, try our Witch's Waffle mix or pair a cup of coconut flour with a scoop of our Chocolate Whey instead! Slam a bowl of this oatmeal down with some Max Effort Coffee and you are ready to go for the day. But what's in this big bowl of goodness?
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 apple (chopped)
- 1 scoop Earth Fed Muscle Vanilla Whey
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Bring a medium saucepan on the stove to medium heat.
- Chop up the apple and place the pieces in the pan.
- While the apples are cooking, prepare your quick oats. Set aside.
- Add Monk Fruit Sweetener, a tbsp of water and cinnamon to the apples. Turn to low heat and cover.
- In a small mixing bowl, add 1 scoop of whey and 1/4 cup of water so it becomes a thick batter. Place in the freezer until needed.
- Add the apples to the oatmeal and drizzle the chilled whey mix on top for a vanilla glaze.