- 1/4 cup Earth Fed Muscle - Witches Whey protein power
- 1/2 cup + 1-2 tablespoons Gluten Free all purpose baking flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 organic pasture raised eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (can use coconut oil, just make sure any oil used is room temperature!)
- Dash teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mist the cups of a standard 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray OR line with reusable muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry goods (flour, protein powder, spices, baking soda, and salt). Toss to combine.
- Next, add in the wet goods (pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract); mix well with the dry ingredients. Start by folding them into one another, then can be a little more aggressive with the stirring.
- Divide the batter among the 6 cups in the muffin tin (fill to about the rim). Smooth the batter slightly in each muffin cup with the back of a spoon or with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes in the muffin tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Macros (note: high in vitamin A and iron)
Without Frosting: 150 kCal, 6.6g protein, 17g carbs (2g fiber), 5.5g fat
With Frosting: 192 kCal, 13.8g protein, 18.4g carbs (3g fiber), 6.5g fat