Nothing beats french toast for breakfast...unless it's a stuffed french toast. We put in some hours in the Earth Fed Kitchen and did our best to level up the traditional morning treat by stuffing it with nut butter and banana. We even kept it refined sugar free by using ezekiel bread! Witches Whey makes for a great flavor combo, but this recipe works with any EFM protein. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soymilk (or any milk)
- 6 tbsp egg whites
- 1/2 scoop Witches Whey or Other Protein
- 2 slices of ezekial sprouted whole grain bread
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1/2 banana
- Start by whisking the milk, egg whites and protein powder together in a bowl until combined.
- Meanwhile, spread the nut butter on your bread and slice the banana into coins.
- Place banana coins on top of one slice and cover with the other half.
- Push down well to help the pieces stick together before putting it into the batter.
- Allow to soak for 1-2 minutes before flipping the sandwich and allowing to soak again.
- Heat a pan over medium-low and add a bit of coconut oil.
- Once the oil has melted, add your sandwich (and any remaining liquid) to the pan and cook until bottom is golden, 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and continue to cook until the other side is browned. Cut it in half and enjoy as is or top with your favorite toppings!