Not-too-sweet and packed with protein, this stuffed french toast is a thing of dreams for breakfast. It is super easy to prep, and you can make it ahead of time and heat it up in the oven or air fryer!
- Trader Joe's super bread or Ezekiel bread
- Egg mixture: 100g egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 t. cinnamon, 1/2 scoop Whey Back Vanilla Grass-Fed Whey Protein
- Filling: 1 C. mixed berries, 1 egg, 30g egg whites, 1 t. vanilla, 2 t. cinnamon, 2 Scoops Whey Back Vanilla Grass-Fed Whey Protein, 1 T. maple syrup
- Whisk together all ingredients of egg mixture and get out 8 pieces of bread.
- Let each piece of bread soak for 15-20 sec in the egg mixture before frying on medium-heat pan on the stove. Cook for 60-90 seconds on each side until browned. Set prepped eggy bread (french toast) aside.
- Whisk together all filling ingredients except berries. Fold in berries.
- Line square baking pan with parchment. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place 4 pieces of the eggy bread for the bottom layer. Divide the filling evenly over the 4 slices, and then place the remaining 4 pieces of eggy bread on top. Press gently to ensure filling is pressed between the bread and will not just fall out!
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes (until all eggs present are cooked thru).