If you’re someone who loves having a fun night out, then you know that the consequences of your enjoyment would come the following day (hangover, anyone?). Most of the time, you’d even wonder: was last night worth it?
With hangover symptoms like severe headache, nausea, and even diarrhea, one of the most reliable cures you can run to is “time.” That’s right - it would definitely take some time before your body can process all the alcohol you’ve consumed and flush it out of your system.
But what if you have that important work meeting today or a date you’ve been looking forward to for a long time? Fortunately, there are products like Revival Blood Orange Intra-Sport and Elixir Electrolyte Mix Packets with Himalayan Sea Salt to “revive” you, focus your brain, and help you rehydrate.
Read on and discover how electrolyte drinks can help you get over that dreaded hangover… fast!
How Alcohol Affects the Body
Consuming alcohol is all fun and games until you face the consequences the next day - fatigue, brain fog, nausea, and even a “gloomy” mood. People experience these due to the after-effects of drinking alcohol which include:
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Low blood sugar
- Sleep disturbance
While there may be no specific food, drink, or medication that can magically cure a hangover, there are certain remedies you can take to help ease the symptoms and fast-track your body’s recovery. One of these remedies includes consuming electrolytes, which can help boost your body’s hydration.
What Affects the Severity of a Hangover?
Various factors can affect the length and severity of a person’s hangover, which include gender and age, body type, how often you consume alcohol, and the amount and type of alcohol you drink. Some even have a genetic disposition for worse hangovers compared to others.
So don’t be disappointed if you woke up with a bad hangover the next day and your friend didn’t - our bodies are built differently, and you might have consumed more than your body can handle.
The Fastest Way To Cure A Hangover
The fastest way to recover from a hangover is rehydrating the body by consuming liquids, especially water and electrolytes. Alcohol is a diuretic which means that increases the amount of urine you discharge. This can result in dehydration and electrolyte imbalance, leading to a hangover.
This is why staying hydrated, especially when drinking alcohol, is important to help ease hangover symptoms. Aside from this, too much alcohol can lead to vomiting or diarrhea, which means your body may lose electrolytes fast.
This is where the wonders of rehydration powders like the combination of Revival Blood Orange Intra-Sport and Elixir Electrolyte Mix Packets with Himalayan Sea Salt come in. Both aim to restore the liquid balance in the body, helping you recover faster.
To boot, Elixir also contains 3 times more magnesium, chloride, sodium, and potassium than any other sports and electrolytes drink, which means it can help your body regain its liquid levels faster. Both products have no added sugars, so you can consume them guilt-free!
How to Prevent a Hangover
As the saying goes, “prevention is better than cure.” So here are some of the ways you can prevent that dreaded hangover:
- Eating a meal before consuming alcohol can reduce the effects of a hangover. Consuming just enough food can help reduce the time it would take for alcohol to enter your bloodstream.
- Watch how much you’re drinking or, as they say, “drink moderately”. Just because your friends can chug 5 bottles doesn’t mean you should too. Many factors affect a person’s alcohol tolerance, and it is better for you to know your body instead of using someone else as your “standard”.
- Avoid drinks with congeners (chemicals that affect the body and brain and are often contained in alcoholic beverages). Some drinks with congeners include bourbon, cognac, tequila, and whiskey. Gin, rum, and vodka, on the other hand, are considered low-congener drinks.
- Stay hydrated. Remember, alcohol is a diuretic, which would help you combat its effects by drinking lots of fluids to reduce dehydration and other hangover symptoms. It will also help if you consume electrolyte drinks, especially if you feel dehydrated or have previously experienced vomiting or diarrhea.
- Get enough sleep (this goes without saying). After a night out, you are dehydrated and definitely lack sleep, so make sure to give your body ample rest before doing anything strenuous the next day.
The simplest way to prevent a hangover is to watch how much you drink. But in case you’ve had too much fun the night before and woke up with a nasty headache, then make sure to consume lots of liquids the next day, especially drinks with electrolytes like the combination of Revival Blood Orange Intra-Sport and Elixir Electrolyte Mix Packets with Himalayan Sea Salt.
Revival Blood Orange Intra-Sport can help muscle recovery and improve your brain function (which you desperately need after a long night out). Elixir, on the other hand, can help you bypass dehydration and restore the fluid balance in your body. This combination is perfect… and yummy!
Even better, Elixir uses Himalayan salt instead of regular table salt, which means your body would get more minerals and speed up your recovery process. It also has 3 times more magnesium, chloride, sodium, and potassium than other electrolytes drinks, giving you the biggest bang for your buck!