Did you think we would come out with a peanut butter and chocolate-flavored protein and NOT make a Protein Peanut Butter Cup recipe?
No worries, we would never let you down like that. These peanut butter cups are packed with our brand new Lover's Whey protein and sure to satiate your sweet tooth without any artificial ingredients.
So what are the ingredients in these Protein Peanut Butter Cups?
1/4 cup peanut butter (we used Justin's)
3 tbsp of Lover's Whey (or more depending on consistency of peanut butter)
1 cup dark chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life brand)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Line a muffin tin baking sheet with muffin liners. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, melt the peanut butter to a creamy texture. Then add in the protein and mix together. Start with 3 tbsp of Lover's Whey and add more until you have the best consistency to form a dough-like texture.
3. Separate the dough into penny-sized balls (about 1 tsp) and set aside. (We made ours a bit bigger which is why the chocolate didn't cover it completely as you see in the images).
4. In a smaller bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil together and mix occasionally until smooth.
5. Take a teaspoon of the chocolate mix and place into the bottom of each muffin liner. Do this for 12 muffin liners. Then place the muffin tin into the freezer for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
6. When hardened, take the muffin tin out of the freezer. Place one protein peanut butter ball on top of each hardened chocolate. Carefully flat the ball with your finger until smooth.
7. Once this is done with all 12 balls, add two more teaspoons of the chocolate on top of each one to complete the Protein Peanut Butter Cup.
8. Place the tin in the freezer for a final 15 minutes until the top chocolate is hardened.
11.5g net carbs
Comments will be approved before showing up.