Lehigh University Shot Put Record holder Lucas Warning has been spending some time researching his ideal Elite Breakfast. The results are in:
I have finally found peace with my daily breakfast routine! I start my workday at 6:30am. So, it is not a great option for me to wake up an hour earlier to have time to prep a full breakfast of eggs and bacon (days-old, reheated scrambled eggs is a big NO for me.) I knew that I needed to find a solution so that I could enjoy a pre-prepped, high protein breakfast that tasted great and would give me an early morning start to accomplishing my daily goals.
Along this journey, I was out backpacking. My partner brought us some instant oats, peanut butter, honey, and dried fruit for breakfast. The oats were a perfect base to add the before-mentioned ingredients into, but there was still something missing. So the next day I went into my kitchen and started to build the perfect breakfast for me that would take 5 minutes to assemble in the morning.
At the end of this experimentation, I came up with the simple, yet elegant, Earth Fed Muscle Protein Oatmeal with Nut Butter and Fruit! For me, the best part of this breakfast (other than the high protein content!) is that I can eat it immediately after I assemble it, or I can wait until mid morning to enjoy it!
- Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats (or oats of choice)
- Earth Fed Muscle Whey Back Vanilla Protein
- Nut Butter of choice (nuts only, no additives in ingredients list)
- Locally sourced raw honey (for allergies)
- Milk of choice
- Fruits (banana, blueberry, strawberry, etc)
Instructions (Prepping Oats in InstantPot)
- Add oats and water to InstantPot. I use 3/2 cup of water per 1 cup of steel cut oats.
- Set to manual on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Once timer runs out, allow pressure to drop naturally (do not use pressure release). This allows the oats to absorb all the water.
- Once pressure is released store for meal prep or serve warm.
Instructions (Creating your meal)
- Add 1 cup cooked oats to a container. I use a reusable sandwich bag so that I can easily mix ingredients.
- Add 2 Tbsp of nut butter and 1 Tbsp of honey.
- Add milk and mix. Continue to mix and add milk to get appropriate consistency.
- Microwave for 45 seconds.
- Add 1 scoop Earth Fed Muscle Whey Back Vanilla Protein.
- Add milk and mix to appropriate consistency.
- Add fruits to desired amount.