Oatmeal is one of our FAVORITE foods, but more often than not, you see it incorporated into sweet dishes. We like to change up the oat game every now and then by using them in a savory morning breakfast bowl. This bowl is chock full of nutrients from veggies, healthy fats from ghee, protein from nutritional yeast, egg whites and a scoop of Keystone Collagen. You can use whatever vegetables you like and mix up the spices to your taste!
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 green onion, sliced and separated into greens and whites
- 2 large cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp each: turmeric, garlic powder, black pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup egg whites (also optional)
- 1 scoop Keystone Collagen
- Start by heating a pot over medium heat.
- Add in your ghee then the whites of the onion.
- Saute for a few minutes then toss in your veggies.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the veggies soften, then add the spices and nutritional yeast (if using). Stir the spices for a minute until they bloom and then add in the oats and toss to coat in the spices.
- Pour in your chicken broth and bring the pot to a simmer. Simmer until oats reach your desired consistency, then remove from heat and slowly pour in the egg whites, stirring constantly.
- Add the collagen afterwards and stir until dissolved completely.
- Serve it up and top with the greens of your onion and some more freshly cracked pepper!