You can't have fall without apple cider donuts, and we wanted apple cider donuts with an extra boost of protein. You could easily sub in Ol' St. Ripped Snickerdoodle Grass-Fed Whey for Whey Back Vanilla Grass-Fed Whey or do one scoop of each and these are just as (if not more) delicious.
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 2 scoops Whey Back Vanilla Grass-Fed Whey Protein
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 C. apple cider
- 1/2 C. Greek yogurt
- 4 T. unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 T. olive oil
- Whisk together flour, Whey Back Vanilla Grass-Fed Whey Protein, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix together apple cider and Greek yogurt.
- Cream together butter, oil, and sugars.
- Slowly mix dry and wet ingredients into butter/sugar mixture. First add a third of the dry ingredients until mixed in, then 1/3 of the wet ingredients. Continue alternating until completely combined.
- Scoop batter into bag. Snip off the corner in order to pipe batter into donut pan. We used a Dash mini muffin maker but you can also bake your donuts in a greased donut pan.
- Bake at 350 for 17 minutes. Leave in the pan for a few minutes before tapping out of the pan. (If using a Dash mini donut maker, cook for 2 minutes, flip donuts, and cook for 2 more more minutes.)
- Coat donuts in cinnamon sugar when still hot.