You can easily bake this in the oven, but man is it good over an open flame. We've added Truly Buff Unflavored Grass-Fed Whey Protein to one of our favorite cornbread recipes and straight into a hot cast iron pan over a flame. Try not to eat the whole thing at once!
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1 C. cornmeal
- 2 C. creamed corn
- 2 scoops Truly Buff Unflavored Grass-Fed Whey
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 C. butter + 2 T. butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C. milk
- Preheat your cast iron pan in the oven at 425F or over an open flame.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Mix all wet ingredients together.
- Add butter to cast iron pan. Return to oven to melt.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Take the pan out of the oven. Swirl the butter to coat the base and then dump the remaining butter into the mixture and stir in.
- Pour batter into hot, buttered pan. Cover with foil
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375F or over a medium fire (or hot coals).
- Let cool in the skillet for 15 minutes to turn it out easier (or dive if you can't wait).