If you google paleo pancakes, you'll find hundreds of different pancake recipes. But like any recipe, the taste, texture and ingredients are what make these Sweet Potato Protein Pancakes stand out from the rest.
The traditional pancakes you had when you were a kid were most likely full of enriched flour and artificial ingredients that left you in a food coma for the rest of the day. Luckily for you, we've created this Sweet Potato Protein Pancake recipe to get those extra carbs you need for your next big training session without feeling guilty or uncomfortable.
If you're feeling like you want to indulge in some seriously delicious pancakes without going over your macro count, these pancakes are for you. In this particular recipe, we used a combination of mashed sweet potatoes and our Primitive Protein Pancake mix!
If you don't have our Primitive Pancake mix, try our Witch's Waffle mix or pair a cup of coconut flour with a scoop of our Vanilla or Chocolate Whey instead! Slam these pancakes down with some Max Effort Coffee and you are ready to go for the day. But what's in these Sweet Potato Protein Pancakes?
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 scoops Primitive Protein Pancake mix (if you don't have Primitive Pancake mix, try using 1 cup of coconut flour with 1 scoop of our whey protein)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the sweet potato for 50 minutes. Allow it to cool and then peel and mash it in a bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan to medium heat.
- Spray with non-stick cook spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the mashed sweet potato, 1 cup egg whites and 2 scoops of Primitive Protein Pancake mix. Add cinnamon and mix well. Make sure there are no chunky parts.
- Pour 1/4 of the mix into the pan, flipping after about one minute. Repeat until you have 4 dense pancakes.
Yields: 4 pancakes
Serving per pancake: