Don't have an ice cream maker or food processor? No need to stress. This no churn chocolate coconut protein ice cream is a great alternative to your favorite summer treat without the hassle of big bulky machines. In fact, all you need is a bowl, saucepan and loaf pan!
The ingredients are pretty simple, too! To make this ice cream, you only need a few key ingredients. 2 cans of full-fat coconut cream, Earth Fed Muscle Ca-Cow! Chocolate Whey, maple syrup and some natural peanut butter. It also works with any of out other protein flavors too!
When it comes to making your own no-churn ice cream, the tricky part is the cream part, not the ice part. If you're not careful, ice cream can turn into an icy disaster that could easily ruin both the flavor and texture.
The key to getting the right texture to this ice cream is allowing it to freeze overnight (but at minimum 6 hours), then letting it thaw on the counter for about 15-30 minutes before trying to scoop and serve. So with that in mind, let's get to the recipe!
- 2 14 oz. cans of full-fat coconut cream
- 2 scoops of Earth Fed Muscle Ca-Cow! Chocolate Whey
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 6 tbsp natural peanut butter
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk with the chocolate whey and maple syrup.
- Heat the mix over medium heat and allow it to cook while you stir with the whisk for about 5-10 minutes until the mixture just begins to bubble.
- Remove the pan from heat, then whisk in the peanut butter. Make sure it's fully combined and looking smooth.
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan and cover the top with plastic wrap. Wrap the pan again tightly with aluminum foil and place in the freezer.
- Freeze 6 hours or overnight.
- Once the ice cream is ready to serve, be sure to take it out 15-30 minutes to give it time to thaw.